Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Connect with Us

Community Minecraft Server

edited June 2016 in Minecraft

I would like to start up a Minecraft server for the community, but I haven't played Minecraft in a long time, so I wouldn't know what one might expect in a server. What are your favorite modpacks to play on and would you prefer the server to have a whitelist?

Comments

• Not really a mod but there is a cool new bukkit plugin out called "MythicMobs" that allows you to make your own custom minibosses and randomly spawning mobs to keep it interesting.

• @CrafterofGenius, in regards to Bukkit (non-modpack) servers, do you prefer to play on servers that provide a standard open-world survival environment or those with mini-games?

• I am generally fond of those without mini-games, but perhaps as a server ages it could add mini-games to keep old players interested or attract those that do enjoy them. It is a gamble, really, whether or not you would have people be fond of such things with rewards or without them for winning / participating.

Austin
  • edited July 2016

It seems that established modpacks that are still maintained today are running on Minecraft 1.7.10 for the reason that mods take time to upgrade to new versions of the game. I read that the game has received a lot of awesome features since then and this has made a lot of people enjoy vanilla Minecraft—coupled with Bukkit server and some plugins—even more than an extensively modded game.

Anyway, I would like to run a server with mods that add new things, such as quests, dungeons, and custom mini-bosses, to enhance the survival experience along with new possibilities to craft items and tools to achieve automation and creativity via tech mods. From a quick search, FTB Infinity Evolved seems like a good option for a modpack with a lot of these features. I'll test it out soon and see how it runs.